Backlink

ads header

Breaking News

British Singer Adele Biography


Adele Biography 

The minute you hear that voice, the hair stands up on the back of your neck and you realize it is someone special.


She is only 19, but Adele Laurie Blue Adkins-you can call it simply Adele-sings like a woman three times her age, a soul sensation in her native UK who is poised to conquer the America with 19, his first album, due out in the State on XL / Columbia Records after his debut at No. 1 in the UK charts.

The first single, "Chasing Pavements", a No. 2 hit in the UK, characterizes her autobiographical approach, written after a brawl in a London club with her boyfriend, who sent her fleeing out the door on the street Oxford.

"I hate making people uncomfortable and I hate feeling awkward, so I left, but he did not follow," she explains. "I ran into these gigantic, wide sidewalks that stretch for miles, thinking to myself," Where are you? What are you doing? You're just Chasing Pavements ... you're never going to catch. "Then I went straight home and wrote the song."

Brash, wise beyond his years, but down-to-earth and focused, Adele was raised by a single mother to whom she dedicated in racially mixed areas of London working-class Tottenham and Brixton, where she worshiped pop idols like Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls, Take That and Britney Spears, not daring to dream that one day she can follow in their footsteps to stardom herself.

"I did not know it was something I could do until I get my record deal," Adele admits. "I learned to sing by listening to Ella Fitzgerald for acrobatics and scales, Etta James for passion and Roberta Flack for control."

You can hear Ella in feces "My same," Flack flair for sensuous melody in Adele version of Bob Dylan's "Make You Feel My Love" from his Grammy Time Out of Mind and James' slow-burning urgency "melt my heart Stone. "But there are also plenty of Adele in songs like" Tired, "where she reveals another hidden working-class British accent," When I do not go nuffin '. "

Even if she went to the same school of performing arts in Croydon that Amy Winehouse, Leona Lewis and Kate Nash, Adele is no pop tart, one hit wonder, American Idol finalist or the puppet of some producers Svengali. It is an original, with a vocal style and personal charisma that is all about warmth, honesty and embrace the public.

"I have to believe what I sing," she said. "That's how you connect with songs. And that's what seems to have paved the way for me in the UK and Europe. People can relate to me. They believe me. I 'm not some kind of concoction. I am accessible. You can come see me go, "Hi," and I'll be like, 'Hi' back. "

Overall, the songs on 19 compose a diary of a year in the life of Adele, one that began with her deciding to stay in London rather than attend the University of Liverpool, which led her to write "Hometown Glory ", an ode to the city and his memories of growing up there. And while insistent she knows little about politics, the verse, "I love the city when two words collide / You get the people and government / Everybody taking different sides," was about to take his part in a post-9/11 protest against the Iraq war in March.

"It was just a moment, to see all these people come together to oppose something," she said. "There were these mohawk punks next to rude-boy kids in hoodies. It was great be part of. "

"Hometown Glory" is the first song she wrote for the album and it came after an argument with her mother about whether to leave London for Liverpool, who thought of his mother his best learn to stand standing on its own or stay at home, where she was surrounded by things that made him feel comfortable.

"The song is about where you are, be able to walk past a bus stop, a clothing store, restaurant, bar or cafe and ask your memories of them," she said.

"Daydreamer" tells the story of his fall in love with a longtime friend knew she was bisexual. "I've had no problem with it," she laughs. "But I'm so jealous anyway and I can not fight against girls and boys. When I told him that he said not to worry. Two hours later he was kissing my gay best friend next door. "

Adele calls "Melt My Heart to Stone" her favorite song on the album. "I love singing. When I wrote it, I cried," she explains. "The song is about breaking up 'to a relationship. "

Its director, Dylan fan, tried to make it cover "Make You Feel My Love" for a year before she agreed, eventually come to believe it was written for her. "The song is so compelling," she says. "But when I heard it, I did not understand the lyrics. When I finally read them, I thought they were incredible. The song just kind of sums up this point in my life bitter, I tried to get out of my system and write in my songs. It complements the shape of the album, which is not sad, but bitter. "

The last of the current spate of talented women singer-songwriters emerging from the UK scene, Adele was the first recipient of the Brit Awards' newly inaugurated Choice critics last December, even before his first album was released. She was also honored as the winner of BBC Music Sound of 2008 poll of music critics, publishers and broadcasters, as the artist's most promising new musical that could emerge this year.

His first performances in the U.S. in New York and Los Angeles this spring sold only on the basis of a reference on his MySpace page, which received more than 2 million visitors and 2.2 million plays since that It was launched on the evening of New Years Eve 2004.

And while American success is important to her, Adele insists it does not mean more captivated audiences around the world.

"I want people as possible to hear my music," she said. "I want to do well in Europe, Asia and Australia. It's so weird to come all this way to do shows and sell them. This is ridiculous and amazing how many people want to talk to me. "

Adele admits she's the kind of person who feels incomplete without a relationship, but for now, she buried her sorrows between performances with soda and Cheetos ... and refuses to obsess about her weight, either.

"I love food and hate exercise," she laughs. "I do not have time to work out. Go buy my record, then I will be able to lose weight. In fact, I'm not worried. I do not want to be on the cover of Playboy or Vogue. I want to be on the cover of Rolling Stone or Q. I'm not a trendsetter ... I am a singer. I never want to be known for something else. I prefer to weigh a ton and make an amazing album then look like Nicole Richie and do what the album. *** My goal in life is to never be skinny. "

Do not expect Adele to fall into the trap of living the blues to sing them, though.

"With this album, I had to be totally feel sorry for myself to be creative," she said. "When I tried to write about things fictitious, made up stories or problems of others, I could not do it. But who knows? My second album could be really happy. "

All you need to know about Adele can be learned from his shows, accompanied by a piano or an acoustic guitar, a voice with one-of-a-kind that sends a rainbow of emotions, from sadness to triumph, longing to sensuality, solitude to solidarity, a blues-soul hybrid steeped in the past, but live fully in the moment.


"I get really scared right before I go on stage, but once I'm there, I love it," she said. "I feel more at ease performing then when I walk down the street. I like to entertain people. This is a huge deal that people pay their hard earned money, no matter how much or little, to spend an hour of their day to come see me. I do not take this responsibility lightly. "

Remember the name: Adele. After listening to his debut album 19, you will not forget the voice.

No comments